Cheers Tours Offers Full- and Half-Day Wine Tasting Tours
Cheers Tours has been sharing the best that the Margaret River region has to offer for almost 20 years with our popular and value-packed wine tasting tours. The Margaret River region is Australia’s premier wine-growing region with over 200 wineries, and it is also a popular area for brewers and distillers. Wine tasting in the Margaret River has exploded in popularity. With our experienced tour guides, you will enjoy hand-picked venues to get the most out of your tour.
What You Should Know About Winery Tours in Margaret River
Australian wines have enjoyed growing popularity both here and abroad, and while the Margaret River region only produces five percent of Australia’s wine grapes, it accounts for over twenty percent of its premium wines. Many of the over 200 wineries in the area are boutique, producing small batches of award-winning wines.
Here are a few of our favourite wineries in Margaret River:
- Established in 1977, Xanadu Estate is one of the areas pioneering wineries. Situated on the doorstep of Margaret River Township, the cellar door and restaurant are nestled deep within impressive vineyards and gardens. The Xanadu 2016 Cabernet Sauvignon was awarded the coveted Jimmy Watson trophy.
- In the heart of the Margaret River Region, halfway to Cowaramup lies the Jarvis Estate Winery. On our full- and half-day tours, you will get a guided, behind-the-scenes tour of the wine-making process, including a taste of the wine straight from the barrel.
- Another off-the-beaten-path favourite of ours is Bettanays, which sits on a picaresque lake. Enjoy a delicious selection of liqueurs, wines, and nougat in the tasting room before savouring the view.
Fun Facts about Wine and Brewery Tours in Margaret River
While the Margaret River region is best known for its wine, that is far from the only thing that you can enjoy on our tours. Many breweries and distillers make their home in the region as well. Beyond imbibing, the breathtaking coastal scenery alone is worth the trip. A few fun facts to remember about our tours:
- One of our favourite stops for more than just wine is Grove Distillery. A tasting of their spirits, liqueurs, beers, and wine is akin to an interactive show, and their café is always a great lunch spot.
- The coastline is full of beautiful beaches, perfect for lounging, surfing and even whale watching.
- Trails crisscross the area from the beaches to the tall tree forests. A pleasant walk is a great way to burn off extra calories if you indulge in one of the fantastic desserts available at one of our favourite venues.
Why Cheers Tours WA Wine Tours Are Cost-Effective
As part of a proudly family-owned tour business, it has been our pleasure to help customers explore the beautiful corner of Australia in which we make our home. We offer both full- and half-day tours with private and chartered tours available for groups. Our half-day afternoon tours are our best value, packed with a sampling of the delights that Margaret River has to offer including wines, beers, liqueurs, and cheeses.
Contact us today to find out more about what you can see, do, and drink in the Margaret River region.